View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Default Collector's Association

Posted By: barrysloate

I really need to work today but let me throw out a few thoughts:

Jeff, I caught Ryan's intent immediately, but like Leon I decided to turn it in a positive direction.

Some very lofty ideas have been proposed here and I am not sure they can be actualized. If some all- encompassing organization ever does get formed, I would pay my membership dues and participate as best I can. But I do not have the organizational skills to do it myself- you really need a professional group here- so Jim, with my apologies, I can't go that route. Somebody else will have to be the architect.

If it remains that all we have is the board and its group of collectors to monitor things, it may not be perfect but I think we can do a darn good job. When something unethical rears its ugly head, we have had quite a bit of clout in making it right.

If I were a betting man, I don't think this blanket organization will ever come to pass, because I don't think there is a consensus of what people really want. Everyone has a different solution of how to solve the problems of card altering, shilling, etc. Even I don't have a definitive answer.