View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 05:44 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidfromjerrymaguire View Post
Yes, I guess that makes sense. However, If it was just a print defect, why not give it a grade? Well, unless there was evidence of trimming. I suppose it’s possible someone could find a blank back and trim it. I’d be curious if anyone out there has (or has seen) a 1952 Bowman blank back in a new SGC holder that DOES have a numerical grade?

At any rate, I really do enjoy the card. Got it for a reasonable price, and having an authentic card in my set with a blank back at least provides a conversation piece. Just one more reason this is a fun and interesting hobby!
It is a great card and I personally would not worry about the labeling on the slab.

You have to realize there are several ways people got blank back cards. Some actually came in packs that accidentally got packaged before someone noticed the error. Some come from people dumpster diving. Some come from employees stealing them. Some people got lucky and actually purchased them directly from the factory.

As a 30+ year error collector I would guess close to 75% of blank back/front and wrong backs are cut from sheets someplace other than the factory. I have had SGC give me # grades on wrong backs but they are factory cut I got directly from the manufacturer.