View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Default Wow ! the cost of finding out values, Is It Wasted $$

Posted By: Scott Mt. Joy

You are correct Frank but I did say above- "I do use the pop report a lot and find it valuable (its not perfect as has been mentioned)" and figured that would cover it. In any case its safe to say they are off on lots of cards (from mother nature, resubmits, etc) but I still find a lot of value in it.

One other thing, if say your montly card budget for cards was $50 then I would fully agree that VCP would be a waste for you, if you only collect raw cards then the service might be of little value to you also, Im sure there are plenty of other reason the service is not for everyone. For me as my card budget has increased each year, the value of VCP has greatly increased.

On one hand I hope most people dont use the pop reports or VCP as I feel like it gives me a chance to flip cards for a nice profit to help build my collection. At the same time I like to mention the value I get from a service like VCP so that it can stay in business and prosper, I did not enjoy the old days of having to keep my own spreadsheet of all the cards I was following, bleh.