View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 10:45 AM
Al

True story:

Eight or ten years ago, I was scouring eBay because I was bored, and I found a beautiful Ruppert Beer tin sign - a HUGE one, not the one that we see more frequently that measures two feet across, this one was about 5 feet across.

I won it, and when it came, it was in a giant box that I had to open in the living room. My wife was sitting on the couch, watching me open it - just another package of baseball stuff arriving at the house.

When I pulled it out of the box, I held it up so she could see it. She was quiet for a minute, and then she said "Oh, that's MINE."

Since then, she's been engaged in every purchase I've made. My collecting tastes have even changed because I buy stuff that can be displayed, and it's hung up throughout my house. She knows what the stuff is worth, she appreciates the aesthetics, and since she was a baseball fan to begin with, she understands the history. Once in a while, she'll see something in an auction, and she'll say "We need to win that." WE.

She's fully involved in LOTG as an employee, she's gotten to be friendly with a lot of collectors, and she's got a decent amount of hobby knowledge. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a pretty lucky guy.

-Al