View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:00 AM
Banned

Donavon,

Richard Simon is a long time hobbyist, authenticator, and very respected in the collecting community. He would give the item a fair inspection, he is willing to do it for free and you have his word he will return it to you.

What could be the reason to not believe him or not take him up on the offer? What do you have to lose? You already got paid for the item. Why such a rush to destroy it when it only looks bad that the evidence will be burnt quickly upon arrival like there is something to hide instead of the hobby learning from it? Why not have another authenticator look at it? You had said previously you would have a document examiner look at it too. Why not get a second opinion instead of only trusting the same people who got it wrong and said it was good in the first place?

When a bridge falls down, do people contract for a new bridge with the same company that built the bridge in the first place?, Or maybe go with someone else this time?

Again, Richard will do a thorough job and he will be fair.

And again, if you write 'forgery' on the back and keep it in your possession and only send it to trusted idividuals for inspection, how can anyone ever sell it or use it? How would it 'escape' back to the general hobby? Destroying it is a way for no one to ever be able to see important evidence of a master forgers or photoshopper's work and learn from it. Is it because it is PSA?

I don't want to seem like I am piling on donavon, but why burn it? There are many times in my life I have thrown something away I was SURE I would never need, use or look at again, and after awhile I really needed it but it was gone. We need to save exemplars, even forgery exemplars for the education of this hobby.

Last edited by travrosty; 04-10-2012 at 07:52 AM.