View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I thought this card was great, but it should be around 10 bucks. I don't see how it got to this level at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/R319-Helmar-...item1c1f2f4e9b

My problem is in the item specifics they claim that this is pre-WWII which is a blatant lie. Then there is only two references in the description that this is a modern manufactured card.

One is a redirection for legal purposes to a blog that explains the card process - "If you are unfamiliar with Helmar art cards please read the full description, thank you. You may enjoy reading our blog about art and cards at helmarblog.com ."

And then buried several paragraphs in is the following sentence - "Since each card is hand made, no two look exactly the same. This is a time consuming endeavor with the aim of sharing my love of the game, it may be two months or more before you see another one similar to this. No more than just 6 of this card will be made and sold during a 12 month period. Most likely the number will be only 3-4."

The buyer had to just read an entire bio on Cobb and much more and that is the only reference in the listing to this being a modern replica. With these vague descriptions and straight out lies about the manufacture dates in the item specifics it brings a lot of question as to if the bidders really know what they are getting.