View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Frank Wakefield

The card does not have a normal cut. "Trim" has an intentional connotation, and I doubt that anyone intended that jagged outcome. So it has an irregular, non factory cut to that top border. I don't understand nor care for grading, but what little I do know about it has me not understanding how the card got graded.

I'd think some folks don't care. Some care but don't ever post. A few have opinions but don't want to post so as not to offend anyone. I have great respect for Mr. Goodwin, and don't really want anything here to reflect negatively on him. He didn't do the grading, though. I wasn't displeased with A-Rod or Pujols for taking those big contracts, they should have signed... it's the idiot owners that offered the contracts that has changed the game. Some folks don't want to post negative opinions about a slabbed card because they themselves send cards to that grader, get involved with the set registry stuff, and all that jazz. I don't do any of that stuff, so that doesn't worry me. I don't want to intenionally stir them up, but how the hell did that card get anything other than authentic?

Dan is a bit aggressive, on occasion. I'm thankful someone is. He's a better service and watchdog for the hobby than any, nay all of the third party graders are.