View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Default 1954 SI Versus Reprint

Posted By: David

1) I definitely like to flaunt.

2) The book has been for sale for 2 years, and was well advertised here, in my newsletter and elsewhere-- so, sorry if I don't shed a tear for those who were unwilling to buy the book but now complain that I won't tell them what's in it.

3) I gave free copies to those who supported my old newsletter.

4) I bet that I've given out more practical authentication information in my free newsletter than in the history of Beckett and Tuff Stuff combined.

5) Most people on this board still won't buy the book, and, three monthes from now, when a similar subject comes up I will say, "That was covered in my book" and we'll have to go through this again.

6) As I bet Bob Lemke will attest, most trading card collectors don't really want to learn how to judge the authenticity of a card-- that would be too much work. It's so much easer to depend on grading card companies.

7) I described how to identify photoengraving twice on this board (with pictures), once in conjunction with the Fro Joy Babe Ruth, but the information was generally dismissed as irrelevent.

8) Most people who deal with me personally, via email or in person, know that I'm more than helpful and accesable in these types of areas. Locally, in Seattle, I regularly give free print an photograph examinations to those who stop by my office.

9) I definitely like to flaunt.