View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Default 1st February B/S/T Thread

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

1954 World Series, full ticket to Game 3 at Cleveland: It's not a PSA 10, but it is a full ticket, which don't come around all that often. One set of staple holes on each end of the ticket, plus there are a few creases. Minor paper loss on reverse doesn't affect any printing. I bought this fully intending to add it to my Indians collection, thinking that it was a Game 4 that I already had ... wrong! I don't need two full tickets to Game 3. -- $225 delivered

Nine-inch dinner plate used at the Wigwam Club in Cleveland Stadium, circa late 1950s-early '60s: The Wigwam Club was where the press and members of the Indians front office ate before and after games. It wasn't open to the public. Dinnerware from the Wigwam was produced by Syracuse China and surfaces every so often. I decided to scan this rather than take a photo, and as you can see the plate doesn't quite fit on my scanner. There also was a shadow created; the plate is white and maroon in color. It is not darker in the center. Exhibits typical wear, displays very nicely. No chips or cracks. It's a nice piece. -- $175 delivered.