View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
or any kind of discussion with a board member, and they want to know who you are, then they can email me and I can tell them your name??
Any?? Jeez, that's a bit much. Wouldn't it just be easier for a board member to tell me they refuse to have a discussion with me because they don't know my name? Then I can have a choice. Besides, I can already feel some board members ignoring me and I know why, which is fine by me, I can respect that/them.

Also, you're referring to discussions on the board, right? Not PM's or other?

Look, I'm fine with being a spectator here, really, so don't put any weight on my opinion, but I'm the type of person that has multiple daily discussions with strangers and rarely introduce myself. I'm that person who turns around and starts talking to you in line at the grocery store or in the Doctor's office waiting room for no apparent reason. I feel that life is just too short to just wait, when there are other humans doing the same thing. Interact!
But, before you come into my house, I must know who you are. A lot of members feel this is their house, I'm sure, so there's the two sides of the coin as I see it. One's casual and one's personal.

Of course if I'm going to make a statement of negative fact about someone in the hobby, you can be sure that I will start that post with, "my name is".