Thread: New PayPal
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 06:33 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
On partial refunds, eBay has never refunded the Final Value Fees associated with those funds, even when they actually owned Paypal. (for instance, a refund of shipping overpayment for multi-item orders for which combined shipping was not adjusted prior to making payment). They will only refund the FVF's if the transaction is cancelled entirely.

I don't know how they handle the fees for their Managed Payments transactions, as I have never opted into those.
If you call ebay, they will gladly refund FVFs on partial refunds. However, as nearly all of my partial refunds involve overpayments in s/h due to multiple payments vs. single payments, my refund back to the buyer is less the FVF as I simply do not have time to call ebay each time or track each of these occurrences and call weekly.

I read with the ebay spring update that with ebay managed payments that partial refunds would be coming soon, but what I read did not mention is if FVFs would be refunded on partial refunds with EMP. Another reason I am glad that I did not opt into EMP.