View Single Post
Old 11-24-2002, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Default Mark Macrae's yearly (twice this year) auction was today.

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Boy, some friend I am! I should have posted this yesterdsay or a week ago.

First splurge with post dated checks:

T3 Johnson , ex+. I'm somewhat disappointed. If Johnson looks like the photos I've seen of him, and like his 2 T206s, this lithograph doesn't anywhere near do him justice.

T206 Plank, g/vg/vg. No creases, no tears, no stains. well-rounded corners (one is especially bad); even the borders look rounded! But picture is fine and back is clean. I said this was the only T206 rarity i was interested in, and by golly, I got it. Mark didn't refer to the new price guide, but the card fits in perfectly.

T206 Walsh, ex (-?). decided I needed a T206 after looking him up.

Bf2 Weaver: SO much nicer than the Bf2 Jackson I bought at Mark's last show--no, since then. Pumpkin colored triangle is perfect, photo is a little larger than the Jackson, and very clean, and there is a ball-and-bat decoration to either side of the photo.

SBC bobble head Cepeda, from Peter Dobbins: (decided I could fork over $40 without starving). Bpought it for a friend of Bob's who collects Giants' bobble heads. It's solid and heavy, head is round and looks like cepeda. Bat is removable. Was given out at Pac Bell park early in the season as part of an Hispanic celebration. And the guy I got it for doesn't have it! O joy! Asked if I would like an albino kenny Lofton in trade-er, not really. It's a PRESENT.

Lots of nice old stuff at the show...