View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Default Ft Washington Show

Posted By: scott brockelman

i have to disagree, terry knouse is the most softspoken and polite person you will ever deal with, and VERY knowledgable!, he does have a very matter of fact attitude, all is black and white with him, you may not like his prices, if you don't like the price go to the next table and buy the same item . it ain't gonna be there!! please tell me where else this type of material is readily available and where else you could sell this type of rare material for the dollars he will pay. he probably paid over book to get the item you may want and is offering it for sale at nominal markup, just to make it available to the collectors, he may well be the most market savvy person of all, you have to pay strong to get the really scarce items. i have personally spent tens of thousands of dollars with him and never been dissapointed, because the cards i bought were literally unavailable anywhere else and he dealt very fairly with me. also, there are many times terry & i talk at shows for hours and i don't spend a dime, he still answers any and all questions i have, he is just not after the $$'s like a buzzard, but i can refer you to a few who are if you would like! he is just a genuine person (read) dealer/collector.

i have seen this man take his "traveling museum" (which is constantly changing believe it or not) to many small shows and not make any money due to extreme table & travel costs, but still enhance the hobby 10 fold.

it is very rare i take a stance on this board pro or con for any person or agenda, but i will indeed support this man 110%. as i believe ALL of the very serious collectors will, not the wannabe's who are not perhaps as well versed in diplomacy or collecting.

scott brockelman

i welcome any and all responses to this post.