View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Default Public Showings of Your Collection

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I responded to the local newspaper's plea for Lincoln Minor League items - specifically Dick Stuart's Lincoln Chief items for the 50th anniversary last year of Stuart's 66 Homerun season. They used all kinds of my stuff and never once gave me credit. I was hoping they would at the very least thank me and I didn't even get that...after they were done with my stuff they called me and said I could pick the stuff up at the front desk.

A local cable producer used a bunch of my stuff for a show they did on Sherman Field and they gave me credit throughout the show. They got my name from the owner of the Nebraska Minor Leage baseball website and called me up. I was considering loaning my stuff out to the Lincoln Saltdogs for a display at the ballpark this summer, but I am a little apprehensive about that because of the lighting issue. I suppose if the State Historical society were doing a baseball display I would contact them, but there is little interest in baseball in this football crazy state.

A quick note for those worried about lighting....you know those newfangled curly lightbulbs endorsed by Al Gore that last for 5 years and cost about $5 each?? Well those are flourescent lights and are very bad for your collectibles.