View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 11:18 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Default Free PID #s Tracking A Goner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolshemp View Post
I recently mailed 2 packages...one to SGC with tracking, the other a CD I sold with no tracking. They put "internal" tracking on the CD package. When I typed in the tracking number and signed up for alerts sent to my email, I accidentally typed the number on the receipt from the internal number on my CD package, and not the SGC one. Now I am getting updates on the CD that I did not pay to track, but is being tracked anyways. So why am I paying extra money to track an item when really we dont need to?
Up until about a month ago, using the USPS website, I used the PID#s on my USPS receipts to track cards I mail out. Really, all I want to know is if the cards arrived safely. Since, no can do - the site returns a message to the effect of, This service is no longer available via this website. The nicest postal worker at my local PO (actually they are all relatively nice, as group) had previously told me, a year and a half ago, "Why pay for tracking when...". Recently, I told her of about this latest development. She had no idea about the change...she's still very nice.