Thread: Bad Ebay seller
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Dean C.

What I try to keep in mind is, Life Happens! I won an auction a few months ago from a seller with a perfect feedback rating, paid for the card promptly, and then ... nothing. For two weeks nothing. I sent a couple messages and waited, and then suddenly received a message from the seller's partner saying he had ended up in the hospital with a sudden illness but that she would be taking care of shipping the card for him. And she did. The card arrived, and it was just as the auction had described it. So yeah, I had to wait a while, but in the end everything was fine. My point in all this is, try to give the other person the benefit of the doubt. In the case of the seller whose unresponsiveness prompted this thread, maybe the person fell ill and is in the hospital or something. It's very possible -- and it's also possible that he doesn't have a partner to check his eBay account for him.

If you're really concerned about a seller's disappearance, you might try contacting someone who gave him positive feedback for a previous transaction to see if he has contact information for him. Or you might be able to find such information in the eBay invoice. Then look him up on zabasearch and try calling him. Or just file an undelivered item dispute with eBay, get your refund and move on.