View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Default "Make an Offer" - on B/S/T threads

Posted By: Cat

I have not consummated a deal with someone on this board for a card listed on this board. I have tried twice. I have bought and sold to many members of this board over the years on EBay. I recognized many names and handles once I joined this board about four weeks ago.

Listing a card without a price is fine in my opionion, but, the seller opens himself up to a lot of work, and as long as him lives up to that responsibility, I have no issue with the present format of allowing someone to list cards without prices. One of my attempts to purchase "make offer" card(s) not only lacked the price but did not have a picture, as well. So of course I wanted a picture first. I e-mailed him rather rapidly to send a picture/scan ... I HEARD NOTHING. Then a post mid-week, within the seller's B/S/T thread, that he wouldn't be able to respond until the weekend. On Friday (before the weekend), the seller posts within the thread that "Cards Sold." It just didn't seem straight up. If you are going to ask for offers...let people offer. If you are going to give preference to someone who you have dealt with in the past... then state that. If you are going to give preference to someone that buys the entire lot... then state that. If you are going to give preference to someone that buys them sight/unseen... then state that. If you close it off at a certain time for offers then come back on the board and state that or return e-mails that indicate it's closed. I personally believe that the sellers have been pretty sloppy. A few ground rules might be in order.