View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 06:06 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
Haha, I think there were two that went up for auction recently? This one and the one that came from that lot and that I believe was resold? I was actually ahead the whole time with this one. Only one other bidder who tried at the last minute with a ~$108 bid. I am glad to own it.

I inspected it in person. I believe it was done by the factory as the bank cover sheet appears to have been professionally mounted on. There isn't a single bubble or anything to suggest it was attached as an afterthought. In a stupid rookie move, I took it out of the toploader it was in while I was walking and inadvertently bumped a wall with it, putting a one centimeter gash in it. It's very frustrating but it doesn't look all that bad, and, surprisingly, despite going through both the record and the attached back, it did not cause the back to separate at all. So I learned from it at least. Still annoyed but it will be secure moving forward.
You're right, I was actually the one who bid kind of late. Early onset of "Old-Timer's Disease"?

I was thinking this was the same one that sold in the recent auction and that the winner was turning around and selling it off. However, I just checked to see if any of the others in the auction group were also listed on eBay and didn't see them in completed listings. So, maybe there are two of them out there.

Very sorry to hear about the gash. I know how sickening that is.