View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 06:09 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
How about Aaron's 715 HR ball? Clearly a $1M+ ball if it were ever discovered and brought to auction. Even Barry Bonds' 756 HR ball sold for $750K, so I think the sky would be the limit for Aaron's.
Aaron's 715 was given back to him after he hit it. Tom House caught it in the bullpen and returned it. I believe it is on display in Atlanta at the stadium.

I think I saw #714 when I was at the Hall of Fame in the late '90's I assume its still there.

Number 755 was also at the 1999 Guernseys Auction. The guy who caught it worked for the Brewers. They were under orders to return all Hanks homerun balls. The guy wanted to give it back to him personally but Hank had already left after the game and the team went on a road trip. The guy was fired for not giving it back so he just kept it. It was only late July so he never thought it would be the final homerun. He had it many years before going to an autograph show and having Hank sign it. I don't think he told him it was his last homerun ball, though. I think the owner had a $750,000 reserve on it. The bidding fell short but they hammered out a deal for $650,000.

PS I was at the auction also. Richard invited me up. was a real hoot watching people bid into the millions. I was sitting next to a dealer I knew who was still bidding over 1 million.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 01-23-2015 at 06:11 PM.