View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 06:40 PM
Rick P

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. Jimmy, the games are always on the house at my place!

Like Jimmy, I've spent most of my energy this year gathering fantastic items in areas other than sports. Generally speaking, I collect all forms of amusements from the 1930s and 1940s - movies, radio, sports, comics, toys, worlds fairs, etc. A world often imagined in black-and-white was ablaze with color and excitement, as evidenced by the artifacts of that era. Take the pinball machine for example. Consider the craftsmanship, the durability, the elaborate design, the graphic beauty - all executed to entice a fellow to spend a nickel...and that machine built to get a nickel 73 years ago still works! How can you not find that inspiring?

The results of my quest in the past year have been nothing short of breathtaking. I have posted here less frequently because most of my pickups are out of the mainstream for this forum, but I continue to share in the joy and inspiration that comes from fellow collectors strutting their stuff! Thanks to everyone who cares to share with us!