View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 08:38 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
Was curious to know what people (in this kind of spot) find themselves doing.

Over the last few months for me, almost nothing has come across any of the major auction houses or eBay that I really feel I would want in my collection. My Jackie Robinson/integration themed collection has most of the "major" pieces I am interested in, except for a few items that I expect will be exceedingly difficult to find. Almost no vintage lineup cards of any sort have been listed, and there has been little in the way of WWII-related baseball items.

For me, as I left my previous job a few months back, and have been working on launching a business, the timing has been fortuitous, and I would not be in a position to buy much of anything if items I was looking for did show up.

That said, how do you handle slow times in your collecting? Do you save up money for when the (inevitable) rush comes? Do you expand out and buy other random items? Do you try to find another area to collect?
I would first have to know what I have to enjoy it. Just waiting for the urge to go through some boxes of periodicals I have had for a year or more.

Or go back to looking for the few things I am looking for. Doing a T205 (or other multi hundred card set) set can keep someone busy for a good while if they are picky. Plus I would bet a lot of us acquire things, even though we don't collect them, but just because we think they are neat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg enter.jpg (31.8 KB, 179 views)