View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 04:16 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Jon, Here is mine that I bought from a fellow collector.

I really think these baseball ones were either found empty due to time and damage and baseball issues were added in the thought that they may have been issued like that. Or they were found and the Non-Sports items were removed and baseball added in an order to make the item more valuable.

Another interesting note is on all of these that I have seen the cabinet card items (T7-6’s) are not production T7’s they are a thin piece of the T7 art placed on a thicker piece of paper sort a mock version of the later production T7’s.

My guess and this is purely an educated guess is that when these store display pieces were created they had not begun production of the T7-6’s (Bathing & Athletic Girls). All that I have seen that seem to be period feature T7-6 images. These if you follow the redemption coupons were issued around 1913 well after T3’s. So think these store displays were towards the tail end after T3’s etc.

I really think that all you are buying when it comes to these baseball versions are fantasy pieces and one should value them as a destroyed non-sport piece with glued S81, T3 and L1’s attached so the total value should be that nothing more. I also think Legendary did a really crappy job of calling this item out as vintage last I checked they weren’t using clear plastic corner mounts in the 1900’s at the very least they didn’t even mention that.

Cheers,

John