View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Banned

I know Mike N. thinks its funny, but dominos pizza tracker tells me who makes my pizza, Habib does.

think about it, Dominos tells me more about who makes my 12 dollar pizza, than psa or jsa tells me about who looks at and authenticates my 3000 dollar autograph. That should tell you something. More transparency and accountability in a 12 dollar pie than a babe ruth cut.

Who was Michael Root 3 years ago before jsa hired him? were people seeking him out asking for his opinion on autographs? was he some master authenticator? seems to me he owned an autograph store and was maybe well connected and brought in to generate sales, like almost all the other authenticators for abc and xyz corp.

The first two years he wasn't even listed on jsa's website even as an authenticator, wasn't listed at all. he was only listed this last year and all of the sudden he is head of authentication, displacing larry as the owner of that lofty title at jsa. larry must be peeved, even spence III is a regional manager now, a young man in his 20;s, a regional manager and head of authentication in florida, or what have you.

no need to put in twenty or thirty years anymore. anybody can put in 3 or 4 or 5 and be head of authentication and regional/world managers now.

I researched just boxing, not 100 different categories, just boxing for over 20 years, and after 10 years, i still did not feel qualified to opine on just boxing signatures.

but if 8 dollar authentications from a guy with 3 years experience (if he is the one even looking at your signatures at all) floats your boat then go for it.

It's not about getting it right or accuracy anymore, it's about getting the cert. people dont want a guys cert with 25 or 30 years experience if it means the name isnt pms or jv squad or sec. they would rather have a psa, jsa sgc cert from a newbie hired fresh off the street as long as it is slabbed and they get that precious cert. who cares if it is real.

Last edited by travrosty; 02-05-2013 at 12:32 AM.