View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 11:15 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

One thing that I think Shelly was getting at this seems to be misconstrued is that he is not talking about Jim or Richard themselves getting good money for the autographs they handle, but rather the next guy down the line realizing top dollar for that same auto when the collector goes to re-sell it. The Collector re-selling the autograph is most likely not going to have the same loyal customer base that Jim and Richard do, and unless Jim and Richard allow the collector to tap into their mailing list when it comes time to sell, they may have trouble connecting with those same customers they fought with to buy the piece in the first place. So it's really not fair to equate what Joe Collector can get for a given auto with Jim or Richard's blessing with what Jim or Richard could get for the same auto themselves. It may work out that way in some cases, but I would wager that in most, Jim or Richard will be able to get more for the same piece selling it themselves than if Joe Collector sold the same piece with a cert from Jim or Richard.

Shelly, feel free to nix all of that if that's not what you were getting at, but it seemed to me there were some crossed wires there.