View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 10:55 AM

I have two sets that are off limits until I become the first person to ever assemble the master set - 1923 W572 and 1952 Topps (not including the glossy, grey backs - who knows if a full set of these even exist, and if they did, it would be a matter of opinion on some grey backs whether they were glossy or a well worn duller grey back. I've seen a few where I just cannot tell which they are - even when comparing them.).

Outside of that, everything can go at the right price. I'll even cannibalize my collection to get those last 9 cards.

So if you have a 1952 Topps Reiser grey back, or a 1923 W572 Barbare, Cadore, Duncan, Heilman, Parkinson, Rapp, Rigney, or Wambsganns for trade, please PM me and I'll try to make an offer you can't refuse!

Cheers,
Patrick

Ps - If you think you have a master set of 1952 Topps - you're wrong (even if you decide to not make a distinction between the glossy and nonglossy grey backs). I am certain no one has ever accomplished a master set.

The 1923 W572 "master" set might have been accomplished by someone in the 1920s, but no one has done it since. And depending on how you define "master set" - I am certain no one but the original printer ever had a true master set in his/her hands. (And I know I will never finish a true Master set - but I'll settle for the missing 8!)