View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphoornstra View Post
I'm writing a book about the Dodgers. This game is getting a full chapter. I don't suppose either of you have (inherited) a scorecard from this game, do you? Any other artifacts besides the ticket?
That sounds GREAT! I can't wait to read it. Unfortunately, I don't have any other Artifacts other than these beautiful ticket stubs! I have continued to cherish these from my childhood.

I used to see these tucked in the mirror frame of my grandparent dresser growing up. I wasn't born until 1961.

BTW,

I'm a big Campy fan as well and was fortunate enough to meet him at Dodger Stadium on several occasions, on the old club level in the early 90's. There was a spot for his wheel chair and 1 seat for his wife, tucked against a wall, just to the left of home plate. Being on the same side on the same level (Club level only had 3 rows- Don Drysdale below us and Ross Porter in back) I had the opportunity to rub elbows (LOL) My friends even got his autograph on several occasions, though I never did????? ....ahhhh those were the days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Campanella Ticket stubs0001.jpg (59.0 KB, 562 views)

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 01-08-2014 at 10:27 AM.