Thread: Vote!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Default Vote!!!

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

I'll stay away from commenting on the last post.......

We have what we have. Pretty much the way it was with Bush. That's why we have Obama now and he has 4 years and if he mucks it up, we'll have someone else after that. Hopefully, he's not sitting now figuring out how to get re-elected. I think that too many of our politicians do that on their first day of office instead of trying to figure out how to fix things.

Everyone can surmise what MIGHT happen with taxes but until it happens no one really knows. So.....we wait. Regardless, they will go up in many cases for all Americans. Many states are considering raising sales taxes to make up for lost revenues and hunting for other revenue streams. Our state is considering raising from 6 to either 7 or 8 percent. That hits everyone and proportionally the lower class more than the upper class obviously.

It would be good to see someone in government really STOP the spending a little and figure out a way to more effectively spend our money. Ditch Iraq and pull that money back home. I don't know. It seems some are hellbent on increasing revenues through taxes but I still think we pay too much to bloated, inefficient politicans who waste about 40% of it on crap.

We could have saved about $2 billion on this overblown election that we just witnessed. $1 billon on the presidential election alone. Now THAT's crazy............