View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 09:40 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
First of all we buy or get a crappy, fake '52 Mantle. We send it to PSA for grading, fully knowing the outcome. Step two, get somewhat ambiguous PSA flip and hang onto it. Step three, get some other wacky looking holder to surround the fake Mantle, still showing the ambiguous looking PSA flip. Step four, take pictures of all of this mess. Step five, list on ebay with a great explanation of how PSA can't tell if it's good. Step six, hope for a sucker...I am sure that would never happen though....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Topps-M...3D361522581124

Unbelievable, isn't it!? I seen one the other night. The seller said he didn't know if it was real or not because it was ungraded. It looked narrow/small to me but yet he already received a lot of bids and if memory serves, it was already bid up over $300.00 dollars even though he said he was selling it as a reprint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Just wondering . . . what does PSA and SGC do if you send them a fake? Do they send you a flip back with some bs like like "? Auth ??"? If so that's ridiculous. It's fake or its not fake. Isn't that the essence of your business to tell the difference?
Always wondered that as well?