View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:35 AM

Default opinion needed

Greg,
Great detective work and very interesting. I have 2 raw Ruth candy cards I bought probably about 6 or 7 years ago that I would like to get your opinion on.

In the first photo the one on the right is the sepia colored blank back card #2 and the one on the left is better quality "chase" card #6 which is blank backed. Photo 2 is a copy of the backs.

The #6 card I have some concerns about. It has the smaller circled number associated with fakes and also has "Swats" instead of "swats" and the printing is closer together. On the plus side it is not cropped on 3 sides like you see on the fake cards and there is plenty of room from the top of his head to the border which is a characteristic of a real card.

In the 3rd photo I put the 2 cards sandwiched between 2 fake Exhibit cards and in the 4th photo I did the black light test. As you can see the Exhibit cards light up but the 2 Ruth candy cards do not. The Ruth candy cards pass the black light test. I do not know what to make of this. Card #6 has both characteristics of a real & fake card. Photo 5 shows the difference between a fake and real Ruth candy cards. What do you think? I appreciate your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (66.9 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (47.0 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg regular.JPG (41.4 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpg black light.JPG (26.4 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg 1928ghruthcandy6reprint.jpg (54.0 KB, 267 views)

Last edited by HBroll; 05-12-2012 at 10:39 AM.