View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Hey Rob!

Absolutely....like I was saying...I was planning on sharing that card anyway.

I don't agree with the way they've been handling the checklist for this set. I believe the checklist should be returned to it's original 20-card state. I think that when you make additional entries to a set it should be for "intended" variations. Additional entries for printing errors that are not actual variations on the cards is a mistake in my humble opinion. The fact that many of these errors only have one known example makes their inclusion on the checklist all the more silly.

So does this mean SCD removed the mention of the "Hofnlan" error card from it's checklist? That is another example of an error that has cropped up in recent years.

In each of the errors that I've seen, I really can't verify that more than one exists in any of these instances. So all of them have a high likelihood of being unique cards. Here is a quick list of what I've seen.....

1. The blue Tinker. Out of this list, this one seems to be the more likely to have a second example. I can't verify it though and the only one I can specifically recall right now is the one in Rob's collection

2. Grey Dougherty. Never heard of a second variation other than the one Scott has

3. Blue Smith. A really nice, bright blue SGC 30 Smith was sold on Ebay around a year ago I think. Sharp card....went for over $1100 if I recall

4. The Hofnlan caption - Freak printing error where I believe the letter "m" on the printing press actually broke to create a character that looks like an "nl" instead of an "m"

5. Blue Payne - This one's with me. Another that I've not seen more than one example of. Pretty rough example but neat none-the-less!