View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Default 1910 Orange Borders debate and info

Posted By: dan mckee

I am helping Dan out and doing a little editing for him (leon)

I did a small write up on the variances of the Orange Border issue. These are just my opinions and I would like to open it up for comments and debate.
Ok here goes a little more info on the Niles (below). I am going to stick to my guns and stay with it being an Orange Border.
I scanned a few variances in some of mine:

Note the background if the Niles to the Speaker, though most Orange borders have a solid background, these 2 are similar.
Look at the background on the Doyle, that is by far the most detailed background I have seen in this issue.

Next, look at Doyle's name, all in white letters when most Orange borders come in all black letters.
Now look at McGraw's name, half black and white. All McGraws are like this as I have access to 2 others.

Most Orange borders have just a last name in all caps, but look at the Cobb, 1st and last name.

Finally, take a look at the right side corners of the McGraw, notice the rounding of the white frame.

Though the Niles corners are rounded more, I still believe this is an Orange border. As you can see, there are many other variances across the issue and the Niles has many similarities. Wife is screaming at me to get on the honey-do list, gotta run Dan.