View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 04:19 PM
Chris Moore

Bill (the 'stache):

Wow - thank you so much for sharing your story! I'm sorry you lost your friend. He sounds like a great guy and it's awesome you have such cool memories with him as a child. I read your story several times... it's really amazing to me how similar our stories are.

Quote:
I remembered how much fun I'd had as a kid collecting and trading with Carl and my other friends. Where was it written that I couldn't do the same as an adult?
I totally agree with this sentiment! I've had so much fun diving back into the hobby, and I've even gotten my wife into a bit - another thing we can share interest in and bond over. Bonus - she's really only into players she knew from our childhood, so the junk wax she collects is super cheap! She has a lot of 89 Kirby Puckett's

I didn't know Ruben was such a big Clemente fan - that's pretty awesome! Ruben was my favorite for several years, and now I'm collecting Clemente's! Although Ruben's cards don't hold any value, I have all of them penny-sleeved and in a 3-ring binder. They have a special place in my collection.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and the awesome story!