View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Default 19th century only auction is live

Posted By: Alan Zimmerman

thats ok. they still use the 31 flavors name at baskin robbins, and the heinz 57 varieties name, and 20th century fox. which is all well and good. but...

i don't pretend to know your motivation for creating your website and business, but the inclusion of the word "only" in your name implies that your focus is SOLELY on 19th century stuff. but, just like this is supposed to be a vintage board, discussions tend to move towards areas other than vintage cards. and, while less than ideal, i guess it's ok. i would rather this board exist and have to deal with a little non-vintage discussion, rather than not have it exist at all. the same holds true for your site and auctions. i would rather they exist, and have to deal with some non-19th century stuff, then have your site not exist at all.

to play devil's advocate for a moment, your name implies 19th century stuff ONLY. it's just a little misleading is all. i clicked on your site to find more than half the auctions are of non 19th century stuff. not exactly living up to the "ONLY" part of your name.