View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 10:53 AM
Luke Lyon

I think when you take all the info into consideration, the only conclusion that makes sense is for EPDG to be either the first of the "350" backs, or the last of the 150s.

The Elite 11 guys shed a lot of light on it. Take Tom Jones for example. It seems that he was printed for the entire EPDG print run (because he is as plentiful as any 150-350 Series pose with EPDG back), but then he was pulled early in the P350 print run. The logical conclusion there is that either the EPDG print run was finished before the P350 print run started, or at least part of the EPDG print run had be run to completion.

Another bit of evidence is that as of now, I have never seen a 150-350 Series EPDG with either "dark ink" or the "washed out" look that some P350, Sov350, SC350, and OMs have.

I have no doubt EPDGs were printed before any other 350 backs.

My theory on 150-350 Old Mills is that they were printed in at least two different runs. There are some poses that can only be found with a clear, precisely registered image (like the 150s), and others that can only be found with a washed out image (like some 350s). This leads me to believe that the two sets of poses were printed at different times. Although, it could just be one long print run where the first set of sheets came out looking crisp like the 150s, and the quality deteriorated as they ran off the subsequent sheets.

In the examples below, Schlei has "dark ink" and Overall is "washed out". You won't find any EPDG that has either characteristic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Schlei-catching-Old-Mill-PSA-1.5.jpg (79.0 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg Overall-portrait-Old-Mill-PSA-3.5.jpg (79.5 KB, 257 views)