View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Default Further Thoughts about Red Cobb with Cobb back

Posted By: T206Collector

I recently wrote an e-mail to SGC to have them remove "Ty Cobb w/ Cobb back" from their set registry, i.e., in order to get 100% with SGC you need that back. Given that it is arguably not a T206 and, more importantly, not necessary for a complete set of fronts, I have no idea why SGC has this card listed where it is -- as a necessary component of a T206 fronts set.

But I got no response. I'll bring it up at the next show I see them at. But in the meantime, if anyone wants to join my soap box issue to have this card removed from the SGC T206 set registry, please forward an e-mail to:

service@sgccard.com

I'll make it easy for you -- just copy and paste the following in the body of your e-mail.

**I'd like to request that card number 97 in the T206 Set Registry -- Ty
Cobb (Portrait, Red Background, Ty Cobb Brand Back) -- not be included
in the SGC Set Registry. While it is arguably not even a T206 card, at a minimum it is a "back variation" card. Since the remaining 524
cards in the Registry are identified only by their fronts, even though
they might have any number of different backs, there is no reason to separately identify this card in the registry. Adding different advertising backs to the equation should be limited to a "Super Set" Registry.

Thank you for your consideration.**