View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Default OT- The 2011 All Star Game

I thought I would share some of the thoughts that I had about the 2011 All Star Game while watching it on Tuesday:

- As previously stated, the Sunday "no pitch rule" really handcuffed the AL in terms of not fielding our best starting pitching. I truly believe that the game was over before the 1st pitch was thrown. The NL was represented by nothing but A++ starters, the cream of the NL crop...

- When I was younger I genuinely looked forward to watching the All Star game. Getting to see the major leagues' best on one field was always amazing to me. I have personally attended 4 All Star games in person; 1989 at Anaheim (yes this game was awesome, but everybody failed to mention that Nolan Ryan also got the win in this game, which was extra special for a die hard Angels fan), 1992 at San Diego, 1997 at Cleveland and 2010 at Anaheim. I thoroughly enjoyed the first 3, but 2010 was somewhat of a snorefest...

- Having the actual All Star game start at 8:30 EST is rough for people that live in the eastern time zone and have to work the next day. It's not unusual for these games to end near midnight...

- Is it just me, or has interleague play completely eliminated the uniqueness of the All Star game?

I look forward to hearing from the rest of you have to say about some of my comments....