View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Mark Fox

You're completely right Adam and I agree, as I mentioned, sellers who move a lot of volume on Ebay could be adversely effected to extremely damaging results now.

And if you turn the tables and push the cost and burden of return shipping to the buyer, I would think that would discourage a lot of buyers from doing just what you suggest they do which is buy a card, they realize they can't turn it for a quick buck, but now if they want to return the item under a false "Item not as described" claim, they have to eat the return postage. If they try unsuccessfully on say 5 items, all of a sudden they're eating a minimum of $25 in return postage. That could discourage some from the practice.

And let's be honest, how many times as a buyer have you received something worthy of an honest "Item not as described" claim? I think generally they are few and far between, especially if you stay away from suspect sellers. In my 14 years of Ebay I've come across such a situation just twice as a buyer. If you look at it from that perspective it would make even more sense to push the cost of return postage to the buyer.