View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
For those of us who are not selling multiple copies of the exact same item;i.e-listing has 'quantity available' field, ebay is just going to get worse and worse. If you can sell your unique items here or another forum, you are much better off. I am trying to move away from ebay, and if I could get my ebay price less seller fees I would sell everything here. But that's not happening and never has.

If you look at ebay's updates each time they do them - everything is geared toward their becoming a huge department store, as opposed to an antique/junk store as they originated. I see it as an opportunity for someone with enough resources to basically start an online perpetually-running antique auction house to replace the functions that Net54 folks and similar ilk require.
That's funny. We were brain storming the same idea yesterday, how FU-Bay would be easy to knock off and compete against. This is the direction that the world is turning. I just think small potatoes as an entrepreneur, while I watch these companies I work for sell for a billion.

I'm sure someone will take them on in the future? Is Amazon and e-bay the only platforms out there for everyday items you would find at a store? For Autographs, is e-bay the only place to go? I have no idea. I just know that E-bay is very painful to try and sell stuff with-out getting a neurotic imbecile from time to time. I have a s*** Ton of photos and balls that I could never sell so I just keep them for the grand kids to divvy up and sell at some point. You know the little crumb crunching ingrates will have zero interest in any of it.