View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 09:30 AM
Belltown Vintage

In fairness, I apologize for saying that Albert doesn't know his Type I's from a hole in the ground. I think that making definitive statements about paper thickness and quality based on a front scan alone, is not something you should do, but my eyes aren't what they used to be.

My excuse for crankiness last night - we had a bad weekend that would sound like a Joey story, so I'll spare you. Well, wait - no I won't. We went out to a park Sunday where I run every day (Point Defiance), got back to the car and found that the car next to us had been broken into. We drove off and then found that another had been broken into...and another. Then we came up on the thieves and followed them in and out of parking lots for the remaining 2 miles of the loop. There were five teenagers in a sedan, one jumping out while the car was still moving, breaking into a car and then running and jumping back in. I learned a lot about car break-ins. We held back and would catch up to them just as they were opening the car door, so they were pretty pissed. End result is that they didn't do any more break-ins, but the Tacoma police pretty much ignored us, even though we had plates and descriptions. The girls whose cars were broken into were a mess - keys, homework, purses, broken car windows. All for $20. If I knew the police were going to ignore us, I would have followed the thieves, so I'm kind of kicking myself at the moment. Besides, I probably would have gotten a ticket for speeding or turning right on red, and the police still would have ignored the thieves. I haven't been to the park in 3 days, which really pisses me off.

We got home and experienced the 2nd consecutive of 3 all-night graduations parties held next door at the University's version of Animal House, which means also outside our bedroom window. Cops came, everything. No sleep for 3 nights.

So I was even crankier than usual yesterday.

To make this post baseball-related, I'm looking forward to finally obtaining a copy of Henry's book and to meeting him at the National. He has always been extremely personable via email, and I think we actually talked on the phone about ten years ago and he was also very pleasant.

Last edited by Runscott; 05-20-2014 at 09:45 AM.