View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 07:58 AM
pete ullman

I work with the daughter of one of the owners of this auction company.

She came in to work a few months ago and asked me if I know anything about Honus Wagner. I said that I know a lot about honus wagner!!!! She said her dad's auction co. had acquired a honus wagner baseball card they were going to auction off. I got very excited...and I pulled a pic off my office tack board and said...does it look like this?!?!(I have a pic of Scott B's Wags on my office wall!)

She had no clue. I asked her to have her dad call me. I couldn't wait I was so excited so I called him...left a message.

While at the airport getting ready to leave town he called me...and I asked him about the card. As he told me the story...I knew exactly which wagner he was referring to...and I asked him if the owner's name was Cobb.

He said yes...and I proceeded to tell him everything I knew about it. He was silent. I emailed him links to this board...and to other stories about this card.

I ensured him this card was 100% fake...and that the only reason he should even consider being a part of this would be that he'd incur lots of publicity...albeit potentially negative.

Obviously he did not heed my warnings...so at this point contacting them will most likely be futile.

Last edited by ullmandds; 09-11-2013 at 07:59 AM.