View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Default Check out these laxative back print scrap T206 multiple overprints!

Posted By: David R

I am the owner of these cards. Thanks to everyone for all the great information and to Trae for his great sleuthing in finding the actual laxative ad postcard on eBay. After reading all the posts and looking at the cards again, I think Scott Brockelman has it right. I think these were all cut from a single sheet of printers scrap that had multiple copies of the ad, but that the top group of three and the bottom group of three that Trae put together from the scan don't actually fit together on the sheet. I think there are two groups of three that fit together side by side and two other cards that fit together top to bottom to form a bottle. I don't think the two groups of three fit together top to bottom because (1) the piedmont cuts don't line up that way and (2) the text printing for the ad doesn't all actually line up that way if you look at it closely. I think Scott B is right that the top group of three and the bottom group of three actually came from different sections of the larger sheet but were not next to each top to bottom on the original sheet.