View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas00 View Post
Just in the mail got this (maybe?) one of a kind beautiful Cranes Potato Chips Coupon With Red on the front alongside 4 of the pin designs. I have dated it to 1951-1955 based on the Indians logo and the fact red was traded early in 1956 (hat hes wearing was only worn until 1955)
What makes it even cooler is the hand written notation on the back, it was Written by hobby pioneer Buck Barker and came from his personal collection. He mentions Jefferson Burdick, unfortunately I'm not sure what RS means. (Red Schoendienst? Or maybe an abbreviation used by Buck)
I have seen the Yankees and the Indians pins from a friends collection but have not seen the cardinals or Dodgers ones yet.
Interesting. I had always thought the Crane pins were only issued 1961-69. I have all of those and the Guy’s for my SF Giants. Your paper, with the Brooklyn Dodgers, shows there were 1950’s issues as well. I have a few pins which might be Crane New York Giants but I never categorized them as such. I’ll post pictures later…