View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 02:10 PM
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcbeatle View Post
OK ... I'll bite I think I've asked this before in another thread ... but no one seemed to know at the time.

Is there any reference to how the T206 cards were were packaged and shipped to the different factories from the ALC? For instance ... were the sheets put in cardboard boxes, loaded on a train and then sent to each of the different factories in NY, Virginia, Ohio, etc? I'm trying to imagine a train load of T-206's passing through the Virginia country-side on their way to a Piedmont factory
Actually ... after re-reading my post from last night ... I got to realizing that the T206 cards were cut by the ALC ... correct? That is ... the ALC printed the fronts ... the ALC printed the various factory backs ... and then the ALC cut the sheets ... yes? Then the T206's were probably sent to all the different factories via rail. And then who knows how they got to the factories after reaching the rail station (car, horse/carriage, trolley ...?). Just curious. But not sure anyone else is Thanks!

Selling: Cards and memorabilia I'm weaning from my collection to fund other collecting interests.
https://www.ebay.com/str/recollectionantiques/