View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 04:24 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
According to both Ted Z and T206 Resource, there are 34 possible players with Brown Old Mill backs, all southern-leaguers. According to those same resources, only 13 of those players have been located with Brown Old Mill backs. Here is a link to T206 Resource: http://t206resource.com/Brown%20Old%...Checklist.html

In my experience (and I am no expert), there are two copies of some of 13 known-players, but I am aware of no player with more than 2 known-copies, and some have only 1 known example. This means that there are likely around 20+/- known T206 Brown Old Mill Examples, making it about as rare, or more rare, than the Ty Cobb back (I believe there are 24 confirmed examples) and the Brown Lenox.

For those who don't know, all Brown Old Mills are graded A because they are hand-cut/scrap and were not included in cigarette packs; it is believed they were a mistake and that someone forgot to change the ink between the printing of the Southern-League Brown Hindu and Old Mill backs (which are black).

I am thrilled to have picked up the Kiernan and the Helm this weekend (and was bummed to miss out on the Revelle last night in REA), both of which go well with my other two Brown Old Mills (Smith and Jordan).

I would love to see some other examples, so show your Brown Old Mills (if you got'em)

That Helm card makes me jealous...as he's the only Columbus, GA player in the entire set. All other Columbus players are Ohio.

Congrats!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 03-25-2019 at 04:25 PM.