View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 09:51 PM
Val Kehl

The good news - first time in my 30 years of attending card shows that I ever won a door prize! The bad news - the prize was a signed, glossy photo of some Phila. Eagles lineman lineman I never heard of and that I was told played in the 1980's - of absolutely no interest to me - gave it to the young fellow at the show entrance who was collecting the admission tickets and stamping hands for return entry.

Another cheap thrill was watching Dan Mckee's table for him while he went to take a whiz. What a thrill it would have been to sell his Baltimore News card or his Washington Times card or any of his other truly rare cards while he was away! No such thrill, but I almost sold a WaJo strip card!

Scott, your post served to remind me that I promised to come back after I visited Dan's table and tell you where Dan's table was located. Sorry, but my Alzheimer's-like memory failed me again! Glad you are having a good show.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.