View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 12:51 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdixon1208 View Post
Look, I'm not trying to be the moral police. I've looked up cards on VCP for a friend. I've used Paypal gift. I've bought cards on the side that were for sale on ebay.

In each instance, I felt like what I was doing wasn't "too bad." Maybe it's because each of those companies make money off of me. At times quite a bit. So working the system to get a better deal doesn't keep me up at night.

In this case, we're talking about not paying for the service at all. It's all kind of like stealing, but this just seems worse to me. Maybe it's because I know that VCP is a small company, where ebay/paypal are huge.

I mean, why don't we all get one membership and share the password? If enough of us do it, we may be able to put VCP out of business.

You have a point in saying (or insinuating) that if you ever do anything wrong on any level, you should never say that what someone else is doing is wrong. Does that mean that if I buy a card off ebay that's listed in the wrong section for a steal of a price without telling the seller, I should never be able to call someone out for shill bidding? There are different levels of wrong.
Robert,

The bottom line is that we're talking lost revenue - whether it's using PayPal gift, working a deal outside of eBay, piggy backing off someone else's PSA submission or going in together to purchase a VCP membership.

It's either right or wrong. There's no gray area here. You can't have it both ways. You can't say it's okay to do it sometimes (because that company already made quite a bit of money off you), but not other times (because it's a small company). At least that's what I'm hearing here.

I do all the things you mentioned. I use PayPal gift (as a buyer and seller). I work deals outside of eBay. I look up VCP for others who didn't pay for a membership. I've piggy backed on others subs w/o purchasing a PSA membership. Etc. Here's the difference. I am consistent. Yes, there are different levels of wrong. However, wrong is still WRONG. I'm just tired of all the people here saying what is wrong and what is right and hearing their moral point of view when they do wrong things themselves.