Thread: Vintage Racing?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 01:28 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansballcardblog View Post
I haven't gotten much into the F! because honestly, I just don't find the racing interesting. I bought a Lewis Hamilton refractor on COMC, so I might have it by 2025.

I'm in the Montgomery Club, so I also have a box of the F1 Sapphire. I may open it, or if prices rise I might sell it. Not really sure.

Congrats on the T227 Mulford. I was able to get one last year and will probably pick up more if I happen to see them.

We should chat on the T36 cards. I am at 69/100 on the master set and have at least a dozen multiples. Maybe I have one or two you need.

I'm definitely still around. Like my actual collecting, I have trouble with focus on sites. I used to write, but now I am mostly on YouTube. I've really neglected Net54 and TCDB over the last 2-3 years but am starting to get back to it.

Hopefully I stay focused this time. I've discovered that I just don't care much for current sports or cards, so hopefully I've gotten to the point I can achieve focus.

-kin
You're not wrong about the excitement level of F1, but I have started to get into what is out there historically for the all-time greats of the series. I am not much of a modern collector, but I do think the Topps Chrome/Sapphire cards are really nice. I think there is upside possibility with Lewis Hamilton cards, especially if he does get an eighth championship. I also think the same about some of the F2 autograph cards that can be had for very little.

I was mistaken earlier. I am actually at 11/25 on the T36 set. I am just putting together a set of 25 drivers in G/VG condition. The drivers I have so far are Chevrolet, Christie, DePalma, Dingley, Fournier, Janatzy, Michener, Nazzaro, Oldfield, Robertson and Szisz

Last edited by Bored5000; 08-17-2021 at 03:04 PM.