Thread: Vintage Racing?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 09:31 PM
Kin K.

I haven't gotten much into the F! because honestly, I just don't find the racing interesting. I bought a Lewis Hamilton refractor on COMC, so I might have it by 2025.

I'm in the Montgomery Club, so I also have a box of the F1 Sapphire. I may open it, or if prices rise I might sell it. Not really sure.

Congrats on the T227 Mulford. I was able to get one last year and will probably pick up more if I happen to see them.

We should chat on the T36 cards. I am at 69/100 on the master set and have at least a dozen multiples. Maybe I have one or two you need.

I'm definitely still around. Like my actual collecting, I have trouble with focus on sites. I used to write, but now I am mostly on YouTube. I've really neglected Net54 and TCDB over the last 2-3 years but am starting to get back to it.

Hopefully I stay focused this time. I've discovered that I just don't care much for current sports or cards, so hopefully I've gotten to the point I can achieve focus.

-kin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
I picked up Frank Lockhart. I wanted a 500 winner as my type card. Lockhart is interesting story, having won the Indy 500 and setting a land speed record before dying on another land speed record attempt (the video is on YouTube).

I know it is not vintage, but I have been following the Topps Formula 1 releases of the past year. Many of the auction prices, especially for Hamilton and Verstappen, are mind blowing to me. I have not picked up any of those cards yet, but I will. Even prices of early Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher cards from the 1980s and '90s have exploded over the past year.

I picked up a Mulford T227 card, which I have wanted for a while, recently from a board member. I have also started working on a T36 basic set. I currently at 10/25 cards on that.

Happy to see you are still around and still collecting racing.
T206/T213 Scoops Carey back run: 4/4 !00% complete

Focus: open wheel/Indy 500 cards (1911 ATC Auto Drivers (T36), 1954 Stark & Wetzel 500 Winners, 1960 Parkhurst Indy Speedway Winners & 1960s Marhoefer Indy 500), match books & post cards.

Successful purchases from dnanln, pre1960sets, jp1216 & sebie43; RAKs from CW & LuckyLarry