View Single Post
Old 09-08-2015, 09:13 PM

I had a pretty great mail day today! Here is what it consisted of:

First off, I was able to snag a few STAR variations that I didn't have before. Heck, I didn't even know they existed! Glossy blue promo, glossy purple set and matte platinum promo. I had the matte blue promo, matte purple set and glossy platinum promos already.

The star sets and promos are very intriguing to me because they only show up in the annual becketts ... and there are only 3 or so of the sets listed. In actuality, there are 20+ sets, not to mention countless promos and variations to chase that don't seem to appear anywhere. I *think* I'm closing in on having almost all of them. Anyway, here is the pic of them:

Next up, is a card that I have been waiting on for OVER A MONTH. When I found out my beckett cover was going to be made into a chase card at the national, which, once the first 200 people completed the set and brought them to the beckett booth, they would received a national exclusive autographed beckett card. I found out that they were going to be offering 30 copies of a card made from my favorite beckett ever ... the july '88 w/Canseco ... autographed!

I thought this was a pipe dream to get, and that many would not see ebay, but thankfully, the friday of the national, someone put it up! I quickly grabbed it. The problem? It was stuck in the USPS system for OVER A MONTH!!!

I called them a few times and lo and behold ... it came in today! The seller refunded me a few weeks ago saying he hoped that I would pay him back if it ever came in. I notified him today and told him to invoice me what he wanted. He told me to pay him $10 less than we agreed, but since it wasn't his fault, I just paid in full.

This card, in a sense, completes a journey for me and finishes a chapter up.

Here it is!

Last, but not least - a card I would gladly call my precious. I put in an offer to which was left sitting for a day and a half. I thought the dude thought I was lowballing him, and just basically decided to not even waste his time with me. Wellll ... as it turns out, he accepted, and ....

BAM!

I can't tell you how much I love this card. Panini did this card CORRECTLY. Nice holofoil and everything.

So anyway, that is my mailday! Please look over my list and let me know if there is anything you have that i may need!