View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 04:24 PM
Ed McCollum

Default I finally have job, not quite ready to be back on the board yet.

First off, thanks to all the board members for the words of encouragement, job leads and moral support in the 11 months, one week and six days since I lost my job (not that I’ve been counting those days). As of noon today, I have a job to go to tomorrow morning in the marketing department of a local company that has potential for my growth with them.

Special thanks to Scott (MyBuddyInc) and John Rafferty for acquiring cards with Howe’s stamp on the back and holding them for me until I could start to pay them back. Hopefully that will start in a couple weeks when I get my first check.

Great day, but then this. Pete G sent me a link to a Cobb/Bat Off Shoulder on eBay with Howe’s stamp. Told my wife it was a sign things were going to be so much better that we should buy it. I thought that was funny, she didn’t see the humor. This is the fourth Cobb I’ve seen with the stamp, good to add to the database, but will never be owned by me.

Again, thanks for all the good wishes and help keeping the rebuilding of Howe’s collection going during this tough past year. Members of this board are the greatest.